I was messing with the motor again this afternoon.
I put the fan back on and ran it for 5 minutes to check out the heat rise. Not too bad, only the rotor got warm. Then I put an 8" blade on it and repeated the test. It seemed to run fine.
Then I turned it off and when I went to turn it back on again I just got a slight movement of the blade and a humming/buzzing motor. Uh, oh. Hmmmm.
The capacitor is new. The relay seems fine (but I can check it). Methinks the start windings might be toast.
I have been on the lookout for another frame 236 anyway since this motor has never given me a very good feeling. Since I have a second 925DLX I might take the 236 off of my hot rod R1350 and put it on this 925 for the restoration, turn the DLX into my daily driver and save the R1350 column for a Frankensaw.
In other news, I am waiting on some goodies for my GWI (http://dewaltgwiresto.blogspot.com/) and I am also planning on having the ways of my 3526 arm re-ground by Original Saw Company (yet another blog). They charge $500 plus $18.52 per bearings if they need to oversize them after grinding the arm. I just need to find a decent way to freight them to Iowa since initial estimates are something like $200 each way. Ouch!
I'll be selling or donating my MBF shortly. It is time to finish up these restorations and pick two saws to keep. I assume it will be the 3526 and the GWI but you never know until they are set up and aligned...